Imperial Aces is a new X-Wing Miniatures expansion that comes with two TIE Interceptor repaints. Amazon lists the Imperial Aces release date as February, 28th.Here’s a run-down of what’s in the box.
Saber Squadron Pilot
Imperial Aces includes two copies of the venerable Saber Squadron Pilot. There’s nothing particularly special about it, but it’s the lowest point TIE Interceptor with an Elite Pilot Talent. It’s also eligible for the Royal Guard TIE title, that allows two modifications.
Lieutenant Lorrir is a contender for the most maneuverable ship in X-Wing Miniatures. The only problem is what do you do about that stress token? It doesn’t look like its going to play work well with PtL or Opportunist. Perhaps Darth Vader could use Squad Leader to pass him an action before he stresses.
Not only can he perform a 1 K-turn, he gets to choose between a 1, 3, and a 5 K-turn. Veteran Instincts pushes him up to PS 9 so he can survey the field before committing to a maneuver.
Imperial Aces includes the following cards:
- Opportunist (x2): +1 Attack if the defender has no focus/evade. Gain 1 stress.
- Push the Limit (x2): Perform two actions. Gain 1 stress.
- Hull Upgrade (x2): +1 hull.
- Shield Upgrade (x2): +1 shield.
- Targetting Computer (x2): Add target lock to your action bar.
- Royal Guard TIE (x2): Equip two modifications. Pilot Skill 4 and higher.
Should I Buy Imperial Aces?
In my opinion it’s a must have for any X-Wing Miniatures player. Personally, even though I already have three TIE Interceptors (curse you Miniature Market sale), I plan to get two copies to get 4 Royal Guard Pilots and extra cards. Imperial Aces is available for pre-order now on Amazon.